Saturday, January 28, 2006

the weekend

Another week checked off the calendar.
Although for the most part uneventful, sure glad it is the weekend. I have drill Super Bowl weekend and then we celebrate the daughter's 15th birthday in Chicago over President's Day. So, this is relax and catch up weekend.
It is early Saturday morning and the daughter needs dropped off at the school in 20 minutes. She will be helping to manage the Varsity wrestling team at the city tournament. All day observing young men in tight wrestling gear. Say a few good thoughts for her! I packed enough snacks for her to live remotely in the tundra for the entire weekend.
I have Not a huge agenda this weekend. Errands and I might start painting the second bathroom. I finished the master bath this week and it looks pretty good. The curtain material I bought for 5.00 at Joann's looks pretty good. Daughter has decided she wants some frugal quick curtains too. She needs a change in her bedroom (this week we can barely find the floor in front of her closet!) She plans on working that soon...
I finished reading The Myth of You and Me last night. It had a read a good review I read in December. I found it to be a good read about women and friendships. Very light hearted - just what you need sometimes.
The best thing I get to do today is buy a special birthdaygift for a sweetie turning six tomorrow. Little girls at the age are so much fun. She is having a roller skating party tomorrow - That will be amusing and entertaining to watch. Shag carpet on the walls and all - perfect. When I was a kid we skated all the time. Most events were innocent - but the rink was a place of coming of age as well.
Well I am off to taxi and to Curves followed by a long walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home