Sunday, March 12, 2006

another hurdle

My daughter has crossed over another hurdle - which both amused me and scared the crap out of me at the same time.

She had what I would call her first real date last night. Yeah a real date. The c-boy drove to the house, knocked on the door, chatted with me for a few minutes and they left. I had drill that day, so I had not changed from my uniform (We all thought that mom in uniform on the couch, would help set the tone!) Her friend (and her mom and sister) came over to help her get ready. (the poor kids had an attentive audience) It was really very sweet.

I told them they had to be home at 9:30. Sure enough she was on time. She came running in the door laughing. She was both amused and perplexed. The date had been o.k. Nothing magical or mystical. They had met with two other couples for dinner and went to the penny arcade. The other couples were immature and acted ridiculus (they were also a few years older) and the arcade was "stupid". C-boy admitted that his friends were weird and they both just had an ok time with them . They stopped at Sonic for a DR pepper and came home. I think she will definitely hang out with him again, maybe it was best that things were a little awkward.

I think he saw that the daughter has a good head on her shoulders and she has definite purpose. I am sure the stories will continue... But I feel better we got the first out of the way...
We had thought of making them take pictures on the porch and using the video cam - but that might have been too much. I did ask about his driving history. (in Colorado you must drive for one year without other teens in the car), He was actually beginning to get it out of his wallet to show me, when I stopped him. He was so sweet and a little nervous.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Oh, my gosh! The first date...I was just sitting here going through photos of my girls from a couple years ago, marveling at how fast they were growing. Won't be long for any of us, I'm sure.

I think the fact that daughter has a good head on her shoulders AND that mom has access to heavy artillery probably didn't hurt anything. :)

Sunday, March 12, 2006 9:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home