Wednesday, April 12, 2006

older news, but good news

I admit.
I read magazines at professional offices. If I find an article, I want to read further, I tear it out. Some may say that this is stealing or that is not appropriate. I recently discovered More magazine. It is a women’s magazine and celebrates women over 40 and their lives. I have five more years until I become the target audience of this marketing. BUT I found an awesome story about Terrill Stewart. She was inspired by her son to join the military and graduated Basic Training at 40. She kicked the younger girls butt and made her family proud. I missed reading this story last fall.
But she is an inspiration!!

Her son flew from Fort Hood, Texas, to join his father at the graduation, where his mother received her award as Soldier of the Cycle. Gen. Richard A. Cody, Army vice chief of staff, pointed out the service to the country rendered by mother and son, at one point saying to Good, “thanks for sending your mom to us.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home