Monday, April 10, 2006

let the races begin

The Monday after a busy weekend… ahh.. I am about ready to head off to the gym.
It is a great feeling knowing I actually accomplished a few things.
Saturday I took the six-hour Foreign Service Written Exam. I feel much better than I did last year. I knew what to expect and feel like I did fairly well. The truth shall be revealed in late July. They say that about 20,000 took the exam. I need to refresh myself on proper grammar. I feel that working in ecommerce for the last nine years has made these skills weak.
We devoted some much needed attention to the yard over the weekend. I raked mounds of dead grass, leaves and other things that floated into the yard over the winter. I spent a few hours placing the rocks back into the rock border. I am always amazed how many rocks my dogs can actually shove outside the edge. We still have a few more things to do before I begin to plant, but we are off to a good start. The shoots of the day lilies, sprigs of mint and other herbs are greening. It is nice to see, and they will probably awaken even more now that they can actually get more sunlight.
I have plenty of homework this week. My current class about National Security is packed full of reading. I enjoy the subject, it is very interesting. The more I read about Osama bin Laden blows me away. He has so much potential, just too bad he is using it all of to wage jihad against Americans.

My sister in law is being induced this morning, woo hoo… The baby girl should be here shortly. I know this will be a huge relief. She has been in the hospital for the last three weeks. My doting brother has been sleeping in the reclining bed/chair and they both could use a break. I am planning on traveling home in the next four months; I want to see her when she is still small like a little peanut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home