Thursday, April 06, 2006

Surfing a bit today.
I have been asked to assist our church on Easter weekend by preparing the “green room” for those folks that are volunteering several services and will be at the church for hours.
We will need to keep them refreshed and energized. I hope tol be creating a fun Easter atmosphere and provide food and drink. I thought I had best peruse the web for food ideas. I want ot serve something different and delicious.
I stopped at La Coquette and enjoyed the beautiful images of this handsome cow – just makes me smile and loved this entry.

This Monkey Bar recipe looks easy enough and I think it could be enjoyed with a warm cup of coffee.


You have to check this out Snack Generator.
It generates very cool ideas to very up your kids snacks. If the daughter was younger - I would be using this a bunch. If the kids ask for donuts, give them cinnanmon raisin bagels!

This Spring Cleaning blog has me inspired. I need a better digital camera, more time, more product, a cleaner house.



And my family will be thankful for me finding this… Making Chocolate.
The typical Easter basket at our house is not stuffed with mounds of chocolate bunnies and chicks.
When my daughter was about 3 we have this priceless image of her standing in front of a brightly colored basket that has mangoes, grapes, a pineapple, crayons and coloring books. Her smiles are ear to ear! Her “evil” uncle introduced her to the Easter Bunny that he and I grew up with. He brought over baskets stuffed with hollow chocolate bunnies, jelly beans and marshmallow treats. Well, paybacks are great. His first bundle of joy is due anytime next week and Auntie has few tricks up her sleeve.
We take chocolate moderately serious at our house and prefer quality over the quantity. I guess I need to go find some good chocolate before it is too late.

In my wanderings I found this - makes me want to travel.
For the last year or so I have had a restless heart – I crave to be exploring and on adventures, but the practical side of me continues to do the things that are necessary to keep my family intact and semi-functioning. Keeping the good job, finishing my masters, staying the course.
I will be taking the Foreign Service exam on Saturday, I am more prepared than last year, so say a prayer for me. Who knows. I can definitely see that my next hurdle is learning a second language. It is a skill I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home