Friday, August 16, 2013

12th

I guess I should update.
Here I am immersed in life changing events at least I think they are life changing.
I have been reading, writing, viewing and talking about what I think are things that really matter.
I guess the core of why we do the things we do.
I have enjoyed the deep meaningful sometimes quick conversations with people whom I may never see again.
I even appreciate what one might see as the awkward pause but really it is more like the power of being
comfortable in a conversation in which no one is physically speaking.
This afternoon was one of those days.
After having a near perfect morning.
Very hard to explain what that looks like but I guess I would use the word simplicity.
espresso, listening to Italian conversations, laughing, silence
In some conversations I am just the mute the smiles literally only grabbing a few words.
Sometimes when they feel absolutley necessary do they lean over and translate.
Fresh bread with nutella and stronger that normal coffee with warm milk in very flimsy white plaster cups
Pasta with grilled yellow and red peppers (almost orange), a hunk of salty white cheese, balsalmic vinegar.
More conversation about the news and espresso. You have drink espresso about an hour or so before the lunch   and immediately after. This for now has replaced the comfort of the sweet Iraqi Chai from years before.
Then an afternoon nap. Not intentional but in this situation you go back to your own room to rest.
The natural pace during these types of days just takes you there.
I am reading an amazing book Looking for Palestine by Najila Said. I am absorbed by the complexity of Najila's life.
And really just how much I do not know about this world.
I fall asleep and dream that I am actually asleep in a diffrent room, two doors on the other side of the hallway
napping next to a friend. The true essence of the word napping. deep comforting sleep.
Tomorrow will be completely different but I am completely thankful for today.

I did not continually analyze the future, what I should be doing, what I need to be doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home