Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Random thoughts for the week:

It's green here - really green. Very nice.

It rains here, really nice. (too bad I could not direct these clouds 7 states away to my back yard!)

Mess Halls are a great place to people watch. I am not sure where the Army finds all of these unique people, but interesting to see how they all interact. We are one huge social experiment!

I received an email from our friend down range - he said the temperature measured 130 this week. I wish I could send him a gallon of ice cream and tall glass of ale.

When I am lying in my sleeping bag around 10 pm, my throat grows tight and I feel as if my heart stops just for a moment. Why? Taps. Yeah. Taps.
I do not hear it too much when I am home, but it takes on such a powerful meaning when you have actually lost someone you served with or you have experienced others involved in a loss.

Last night, I thought about SGT Reyes, I was no longer in his unit when he deployed but had proudly served with him in HQs for three years. I prayed for Christina last night and her children. What a loss.
I thought about the CPT that lived 5 houses down the street from us and how our street came together when we heard the devastating news. I remember sitting in the chapel when they called his name for Role Call three times. It felt as if someone was ripping my heart from me.

I thought how I felt when I stood in front of SFC Ramirez's picture at the SF musuem at Fort Bragg. He was from our state and in my husband's sister company.
I prayed for Learning to Live . I prayed for Kate Blaise.

More later. Be safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home