Thursday, May 04, 2006

Whew –
Time flies. Tomorrow is Friday and then Drill Weekend.
Our beautiful sunny weather has changed to a dreary cold afternoon – Good for the Garden, and Good because I have about 200 pages of required reading I need to take care of.
I am thankful that my entire Masters is not online, I could not do it! NEED to FOCUS…….

I have been trying not to focus on the news too much this week. It is complete chaos! I am going to a short school for the guard mid next week so I need to get things in order to make it easier for the daughter and husband while I am away. This should be last guard event for the fiscal year, pending no hurricanes, fires or other natural disasters. (I always tell my SGM that I am up for a mission on a Greek Island, but it never pans out!)

My friend Jen and I attended the National Day of Prayer Luncheon at the Cliff House today. What a nice chance to pray for our leaders and soldiers. It was small but quaint event. Good people, Good food and even a Barber Shop quartet singing the God Bless America and the Star Spangled Banner. I enjoyed it, but did wince a few times when the guest speaker quoted Bill O’Reilly about five times. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy his show and appreciate his tendency to stand up for what is right, Just a weird place for him to be used as the reputable source.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home