Tuesday, June 30, 2009

GOOD

very good.

I just finished reading
I Love a Man in Uniform: A Memoir of Love, War, and Other Battles
by Lily Burana
An all-American love story about a former punk-rock stripper and her unlikely marriage to an officer in the U.S. Army.


I love it, hands down. I could relate to much of the candid memoir.

I loved her honesty and descriptive tones. I recommend this to anyone remotely related to the military. Yeah, it is about the life of an officer's wife, but has much more to do with Army life in general. Her story can be heart wrenching to read and I found myself rooting her along the way. What is pretty funny... I tried to visit her blog to leave a comment about my experiences reading it, the Army has it blocked. I guess it has to do with the face that she used to be a stripper in her twenties long before she became an Army wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home