Tuesday, June 09, 2009

more


Another great author, Izzy Rose

I stumbled across this on Amazon and I loved it.

I really recommend this book. It makes you think, makes you smile.

You can relate from many directions even it is not a direction to your life, you will relate.
Check it out.

Book synopsis:
A true tale of imperfect love, adult beverages and searching for meaning in Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Meet Izzy Rose—a hilarious and chic new stepmom trying to come to terms with. the package deal. A single “middle-class socialite” living in San Francisco, Izzy loved her career as a successful, Emmy Award-winning TV producer and she was fine with the fact that she was unmarried and kid-less at thirty-five. But, then she fell in love with an irresistible Southern man named Hank and her Izzy-centric lifestyle turned upside down.

In short order, Izzy finds herself saying I DO to becoming a wife and “instant mom” to Hank’s two sons and packing her bags for a new life in Austin, Texas. There, Izzy struggles to hold on to a bit of her professional identity while reinventing the stepmother role in her sassy, stylish, but also loving and vulnerable way. Honest and daring, The Package Deal is a toast to the richness of her new life and a tribute to any woman whose ever fallen in love and then asked, What exactly did I get myself into?


I found myself relating. Not as a step mom- but found myself shaking my head, smiling and nodding. I will follow her while I am deployed I am sure. I am going to share this with the right person
Cheers and more books to come.
I am thankful for the chance to read, serve, and figure this all out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home