Saturday, October 29, 2011
Sunday, October 23, 2011
1. Prevention—decrease the number of people trafficked.
2. Protection—increase protection, support to victims and survivors.
3. Prosecution—investigate and prosecute traffickers, strengthen laws and legal responses.
4. Partnerships—to bring together diverse experiences, amplify messages, and leverage resources of law enforcement, service providers, community members, and survivors.colorado project.combat human trafficking
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Monday, October 10, 2011
I am not superstitous.
But I have never been a fan of the number 13.
This year marks 13 years since my mom last took a breath here on earth and of course I am not a fan of that yet.
We are celebrating her tonight in a small way at the Cracker Barrel.
She loved that place and often chose that place for familiarity and consistency.
Chelsea was little then and she would walk her through the toys and candy areas while we waited.
- her laugh
- her handwriting
- seeing her twirl her hair
- snippets Guiding Light
- her excitement for flea marketing and cookies jars
- Christmastime with her
- Tabu perfume
- her tenacity
- practical opinions
- her excitement for Chelsea
- her voice
- her hands